A new version of Firefox with a long support period has been released. Updates for it will release a whole year.
Firefox 68 for user
Rewritten add-ons manager from scratch. A list of recommended add-ons has appeared in the settings (personal, based on those used). In the list of installed add-ons there is a context menu for each, and when you click on a particular addition, you can immediately see its description and the list of available options.
- Rewritten from scratch and address bar. Now it’s called Quantum Bar (instead of Awesome Bar). Externally, it looks the same, but it works more efficiently.
- In strict mode of blocking scripts, JS miners and JS trackers are now automatically blocked. Previously, for this you had to put a separate checkbox in a custom mode.
- The dark theme in reading mode has been improved – the controls are now also dimmed.
Firefox 68 for developers
- Implemented CSS-properties Scroll Snap, helping to more finely control the scrolling of content.
- Now you can add the “noreferrer” option when calling window.open (), so that when opening a link in a new window, the information about the source of the transition does not flow to the side.
- A printing emulator has appeared in the Inspector’s tools – so you can check which elements do not fit on the page.
In the font editor you can now change the distance between letters.